- To improve the job performance of employees and also to identify there development potentialities.
- To diagnose the strength or weakness of individuals so as to access the area in which training is required.
- To prevent grievance and un disciplinary activities of the personnel.
- To evaluate the success of training programmes
5. To motivate the employee to perform well.
- To provide coaching, counseling and career planning to employees.
- To test the effectiveness of recruitment, selection, placement and rotation process.
- To facilitate research in personnel management.
- To establish harmonious relationship between employer and employees.
- To provide valid information for deciding promotion, transfer, placement, punishment,etc.