Objectives of Industrial Relation:-
Following are the important objectives of industrial relation
- To safeguard the interest of labour and management by securing the highest level of mutual understanding and good-will among all those sections in the industry which participate in the process of production.
- To avoid industrial conflict or strife and develop harmonious relations, which are an essential factor in the productivity of workers and the industrial progress of a country.
- To enhance productivity to a higher level in an era of full employment by lessening the tendency to high turnover and frequency absenteeism.
- To establish and nurse the growth of an Industrial Democracy based on labour partnership in the sharing of profits and of managerial decisions, so that ban individuals personality may grow its full stature for the benefit of the industry and of the country as well.
- To eliminate, as far as is possible and practicable, strikes, lockouts and gheraos by providing reasonable wages, improved living and working conditions, said fringe benefits.
- To establish government control of such plants and units as are running at a loss or in which productions has to be regulated in the public interest.