- A good atmosphere should exist in the organization to creaqte confidence and mutual trust among employees.
- The objectives of the performance appraisal must be definite and clear.
- Well defined performance standards should be developed. Procedures and techniques adopted
in appraisal is also standardized.
- Proper training should be imparted to appraisers.
- The appraiser should focus on job related behavior and performance of employees.
- Proper documentation of appraisal should be done.
- There should be feedback regarding the performance and participation in fixation of
- The size, number of employees and organization set up must be considered while designing
the appraisal system.
- There must be post appraisal review.
- A review committee should be constituted for reviewing and appeal against appraisal results.